The provider shortage is a significant issue affecting patients and healthcare organizations all over the country. Increasingly, patients are ready and eager to get care, but with a shortage of providers, how can healthcare organizations effectively meet their needs?
The answer is telepsychiatry. This approach to care helps healthcare organizations keep up with the growing demand for treatment, optimizes their existing behavioral health programs, and supports patients in rural communities who might not get the help they need.
In this piece, we’ll cover the following topics:
- Mounting factors that brought us to where we are today
- How patients and providers are experiencing the shortage
- How healthcare organizations are dealing with the lack of providers
- Actionable steps organizations can take to combat the shortage
- Three key ways telepsychiatry is indispensable during these times
We hope this piece will help your organization consider new ways to address provider shortages in your community.