We know it’s tough being a mental health professional these days – and finding a job that prioritizes work-life balance, aligns with your values, and offers the flexibility you need can be a challenge. Thankfully, that’s where telehealth comes in! For behavioral health providers, choosing a career in telehealth can help you find fulfilling and flexible work while allowing for ample time with family and friends. Plus, it opens up access to mental health care to people all across the country who might not otherwise get the support they need.
Before embarking on your telehealth journey, there are a few things to consider. In this guide, we cover:
- How to find a meaningful job that aligns with your values
- The benefits of telehealth and how they address burnout
- How to find the right employer
- A day in the life of a telemental health provider
- A job hunting checklist
- Guidance on finding an organization you connect with
Whether you’re looking to switch from in-person to remote work or you’re a resident exploring career opportunities, we hope this guide will help make your transition into telehealth seamless!